Pace of play

Thursday at the finals of the FedEx cup a golfer played alone and everyone was pleased that he played in just over 3 hours. That still seems pretty slow to me.

I play a lot of golf with players of differing abilities and genders.  Slow play seems to not be dependent on either ability or gender.

Played the other day in a foursome at Kingsway.  We played right along,  a little slower than I like but at a good pace. We never saw the groups behind or in front of us. On the fourth fairway the ranger let us know that we were 2 minutes off the expected pace. It was clear to me that an effort was being made to instill a culture of faster play and ready golf. The ranger didn't wait until there was a problem.  He was polite and let us know we didn't need to rush but that playing ready golf seemed to keep the pace up at Kingsway.
A few years ago my friend Don and I joined with another golfer for a three some at Sunnybreeze.  We agreed to play ready golf to beat the expected afternoon summer rains. As Don and I finished putting on the first hole we looked back  down the fairway to watch Joe line up his third shot from about 200 yards out.  4 more swings and Joe was finally putting.  So much for ready golf.

I am not sure what is the secret to faster play. Do you have any ideas?